This week I have fashioned another pair of trousers. They are very simple in style, with a couple of darts for shaping and a waistband rather than elastic. I made them from a James Pringle cotton/linen shirt that my husband had outgrown! I added a few of the buttons for decoration too. I think next time I will shave about 1cm off the pattern to make them a little narrower. I mentioned last week that I was experimenting with shapes and pleats using patchwork fabric. I made a smock with ruffly sleeves and a mock button-band ( inspired by some of the wonderful creations I have seen on other blogs ) I made the mock button-band separately and stitched it on, but I wonder if it could be done all-in-one, like a box pleat. My creations are far from perfect, but I am very happy with them. The colour of the smock also goes well with the new wig. I'm getting used to it now and resist trying to do anything with it as it just makes it frizzier!
I feel a bit of knitting coming on next!
...and other musings
The warm spring weather has given way to cool, wet and windy. However, this hasn't deterred us from getting out in the garden and preparing the veg beds for this years planting. We got 800kg of top soil ( all in 20kg bags, so no heavy shovelling and no mess! ) to refresh all the beds, the herb bed and the greenhouse beds. Now we wait until the seedlings are big enough and strong enough to go out.