Thursday, 20 April 2017

Where did spring go? Ezri's new cable sweater

   I have been doing a bit of knitting this week. The cooler weather that has returned has kept me indoors more. So I had a root through my wool stash and found an almost full ball of James C. Brett Legacy 100% wool ( # denim blue ) from a sweater I knitted a while back. I decided on a simple top-down, seamless raglan, as this is my preferred way of knitting ( I love knitting, but I hate the tedium of sewing up ) This little sweater features a simple 4-strand, celtic style open cable design. I like these open cable patterns as they stand proud of the background and look so cool. It's back fastening with 5 little MoP buttons. You can find this pattern in the gadget bar on over there on the right in- 'Get Knitting'
   I also want to get around to making Ezri a pair of jeans. I think jeans look great on Sasha dolls. I have 2 pairs of old jeans lying in the bottom of the wardrobe, but I am loathe to hack them up. I got them 14 years ago and they are literally washed and worn to shreds ( I know people pay a fortune for tattered jeans ) I wore a pair last week, with thick magenta tights underneath, which were visible through the rips ( very trendy, although I feel I may be to old for this look now ) so I am trying to steal myself to cut them up to make jeans for Ezri.
Ezri's new sweater

7 comments:

  1. The new cable sweater looks very cosy for cooler weather. Is it 4 ply or double knit wool - I'm guessing DK because the scale of it on Ezri makes it look nice and chunky (like Aran weight wool on a child).
    I can see you follow my friend's Sewing & Knitting for Sasha blog - she now has a new doll blog called Rose Cottage Friends for all her dolls http://rosecottagefriends.blogspot.co.uk and isn't updating the old blog anymore. She does lots of knitting including with some gorgeous NZ yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a DK. It was a quick knit of a few afternoons while watching the snooker. I also decided to write a knitting pattern for it. I was looking at the different things you can add to your blog and I did a 'page' with the knitting instructions and added a 'Get Knitting' gadget. I also did one for the shrug. I thought it might be nice to share with other Sasha owners. When I knit some more things for Ezri I will write patterns for them too :)

      Delete
    2. Wow, so it is your own design.

      I'm currently knitting with much finer wool for the 8 inch dolls (2 ply, 1.5 mm needles), I've always liked miniature knitting. Have you come across Catherine French's knitting - she does incredibly fine cable knits for Sasha dolls http://www.linen-cupboard.com/Index.htm and for 1/12th scale dolls.

      Do you use Ravelry at all to share your patterns? I've shared my two patterns for the 8 inch doll clothes on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/designers/dollmum-anna-page, where I found a knit from neck down all in one piece cardigan for Sasha pattern by Lauri Bolland which I scaled down and adapted for the smaller dolls.

      Delete
    3. I mostly knit for myself and family and I usually design my own ideas. I did put a couple of patterns on Ravelry a couple of years ago, but deleted my account through lack of interest. I designed and knitted 3 dolls, and clothes for them, for my nieces and put the patterns on Ravelry, but I don't think anyone used them. I still have a bit of the green flowery fabric so I am going to see if I can make Ezri a maxi dress :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting Rose Cottage Friends. Lovely to discover a new Sasha blog! just love your cable sweater on your sweet girl. It is a lovely design. I do love cables on Sasha (and Gregor). Very generous of you to share your pattern as well. Thank you. :-) I love the raglan style as well, always good to save on seams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm so glad I took courage in hand and started a blog. The love of Sasha dolls certainly brings people together <3 x

      Delete