Thursday, 25 May 2017

Ezri ventures forth

   In the time I have had Ezri she has never been outside. I see everyone's Sasha dolls enjoying the great outdoors, so I felt it was time Ezri ventured out into the world.
   So yesterday we ventured out onto the decking and Ezri seems to share my love of the garden and all things growing

   The chives in flower in the herb bed

The little aeonium

 Ezri learned that the scent of Rosemary improves your memory

The aeonium potted up next to the cordyline


   Ezri enjoyed the warm sunshine and her first adventure into the garden.

... and other musings
   We came home from a week on the Isle of Wight on Saturday and it was a glorious week. We love to visit old churches and the church of St Boniface in Bonchurch is my favourite. In fact, Bonchurch is my favourite place on the IoW. It's sheltered spot and the warm sunshine make it almost feel Mediterranean. So I'd like to share a few photos of Bonchurch with you. We parked the car at the duck pond and walked down the winding road to the seafront. There we met a chap from NYC who comes over to the UK every other year for a walking holiday and this year he picked the IoW.


                                                                     

























  




10 comments:

  1. So glad Ezri got to explore outside and shares your love of the garden.

    As for your IOW pictures, thank you, lovely to see them and Bonchurch is indeed beautiful. I can't wait until we go back there! So glad you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely week and it doesn't seem like it was 9 years since we were last there! In Lidl this morning they actually had these little metal herb/plant pots with a rake and hoe that would have been the perfect size for Ezri- I do wish I'd bought one now. Ezri could have helped me with the gardening :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! You picked a perfect day for visiting Bonchurch it seems, with bright and sunny weather.
    It's great Ezri starts to see more of the world - as you are right, Sashas love being outdoors and having adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took so many photos!! Yes, Ezri is going to get out more and enjoy the sunshine and the garden :) x

      Delete
  3. Given the condition of my memory, I'd best start sniffing Rosemary myself! Ezra looks perfect out in the garden. I'm sure she'll be helping you in no time at all. The photos of the IoW were very enjoyable. It looks like such a lovely place - no wonder you like to go there. I'd like to live in one of those row houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scientists are always coming up with these 'new' health ideas, although most of them have already been around for thousands of years, but have been forgotten. I find a lavender sachet in your pillowcase aids restful sleep. We always eat natural foods rather than man-made alternatives. All our veg growing is organic. Ezri seems perfectly suited to the garden and she will definitely be spending more time out there. The IoW is beautiful, more so on the south side of the island as it has it's own micro-climate :) x

      Delete
  4. It looks like a very bright day when Ezri decided to explore your patio - she will need a sunhat if she stays out long! The Isle of Wight is very beautiful, I've only been there twice and the second time was over 30 years ago. Time we visited again perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been to the IoW 4 times, the last time being 9 years ago. We visited old haunts as well as new places. Definitely worth another visit I would say. I've seen straw hats on ebay and a tad expensive, so I will keep a look out in souvenir type shops for something small to fit her. I wish I'd bought the little metal plant/herb pot from Lidl. The rake and how would have been the perfect size for Ezri ( I'll need another shopping trip there ) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where we live, this is the best time of the year for enjoying the outdoors - before the heat and bugs arrive. Beautiful photos of your vacation! It really does have a Mediterranean (or California) feel.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. It's been very hot here ( by that I mean over 25*c which is very hot for anywhere in the UK! ) for a few weeks now. Many areas on the south coast and the small islands like the Channel Islands and the Scilly Isles, the IoW etc have a very warm 'micro climate' where Mediterranean and even tropical plants thrive. Yes, California is on the same latitude as the Mediterranean. Having been to the Med the heat there is a dry heat, whereas in the UK the heat is humid :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for visiting and please leave a comment :)