Come and follow Ezri Zephyrine

Thursday, 11 May 2017

Maxi dress weather

   The glorious weather has continued here and is what I call 'maxi dress weather'.  In the time I have had between gardening jobs, I have made Ezri a maxi dress using the green/pink flowery fabric from the first dress I made. I have a few maxi dresses and I love them. I do have some skirts and knee length dresses, but I'm more a jeans and maxi dress girl. Being only 4' 8" I'm lucky I can wear girls dresses. I have a couple by Hooch ( my fave being my tattoo print one ) a Blue Zoo and a Principles Petite, which I got over 20 years ago!! So Ezri had to have her own maxi dress. It's not bad, though I think the pleat should have been inside rather than outside. I also treated her to a bit of bling. I bought one of those little stretchy 'crystal' rings to wear as a bracelet.

I think the pleat may have been better inside

Apple blossom

New bling

... and other musings
   The gardening has been a pleasure this week. There's been little time for much else really. Most of the weeding is done now, just a bit left behind the greenhouse. We took down the fence and tidied up alongside the greenhouse where the grass and weeds were hard to get at and put down membrane, plum slate and planted 130 bulbs, but I think I'll also get some bedding plants. The bean supports are up ready for bean planting. We also got the car washed and cleaned inside and out. I have to have 2 feather cushions behind my back, or I can't reach the steering wheel, and the inside of the car was covered in feathers. After cleaning the car I replaced the plastic bags that are inside the covers, as they had split so the feathers were escaping!

 The fence along side the green house as it was, grassy, weedy and overgrown

and as it is now, neat and tidy with bulbs planted in front

The plum slate looks so nice

10 comments:

  1. Gosh a great transformation in the garden, you have been busy, it is looking really good now.

    It is warming up here, certainly it was warmer today and yesterday than it has been which is good as I was freezing! I know crazy, but I have been so cold this week and really struggled to get warm.

    Ezri's dress is pretty and will be perfect in this warmer weather. Her 'bling' is lovely as well. What a lucky girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love gardening, so therapeutic. I know what you mean about feeling the cold. Sometimes in the winter I have had as many as 5 layers on to keep warm! So glad summer will soon be here proper x

      Delete
  2. Wow you've been busy. Your green house fence looks so nice neat and tidy now.
    Ezri looks very stylish in her new maxi dress and bracelet. What a clever idea to use a stretchy ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got the ring from the Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop. It was a bit tight to get on, but it looks great. I may get a few more in other colours :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have been very busy :) I like her new maxi dress, I remember wearing them back in the 70's ! And I like her Bling! what a good idea ! :)
    The garden looks very neat and tidy after all your hard work! 130 bulbs! goodness that's a job and a half on it's own!
    I look forward to seeing the results from all the bulb planting! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love my maxi dresses! Yes I got the ring from the EWM shop. It looks better than in the photos. I hope the bulbs do come up as they are often a bit hit and miss LOL

      Delete
  4. Ah, the maxi dress! See, nothing really ever goes out of fashion. I like the fabric and design you used for this one. And, the wig - is this the one you bought and it's not rehabilitated? It looks fantastic on her. It's now springtime for you in the Northern Hemisphere but autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere. As you plant, we are harvesting the last of the vegetables and then getting everything ready to lie dormant over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved maxi dresses. This is the Thomas Baeker wig that is a bit big. The 'wild thing' is in a drawer! I put it on her the other day for this shoot, but it wouldn't behave!! I'm looking out for something about 8-9" and maybe in a bob style. Whilst I don't want to wish the year going by to quickly, I can't wait until we can start tucking into this year's harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is lovely (very flattering style, I think), and the garden looks to be in great shape. I think weeding really is the outdoor equivalent of dusting - it's never ending, but looks so nice when you keep at it.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for lateness in reply, but we have been away on holiday and only got back late last night. After a week away the garden needs a thorough weeding, mowing and lots of TLC. Yes, weeding is like a dusting LOL

    ReplyDelete